Saturday, July 14, 2012

Flowers and landscapes with alcohol inks

Right now, I am so in love with alcohol ink painting. I am plodding away with the medium, learning new ways to control the unpredictable beast.  And learning to letting it be free when I need, as well.   I am planning on getting prints made of a couple of my favorites, and matte them, and possible make some into card sets to sell on etsy.
Today is Gustav Klimt's 150th birthday.  I love his work, and the Art Nouveau movement as a whole, and his work has influenced my style.  And as far as style, I mean in everything....interior decorating, clothing style, and painting.  His colors, unusual usage of metals, and his flowery, whimsical, sometimes brutish style.  I love it.  I need to write soon about him and perhaps his painting Tree of Life.

Here are some recent pieces...




1 comment:

  1. These are so beautiful! I love the textures.

    ReplyDelete