Thursday, November 17, 2011

20 years!

I have written before about the tale of Arwen and Aragorn, as it is written in the appendix of the Lord of the Rings.  It is truly the most romantic tale ever.  It is a parallel tale to Beren and Luthien. Beren and Luthien was written to describe Tolkien's own romance with his wife.  How incredible!  Tolkien believed that true love exists and he lived it.
In a couple of weeks, it will be December 2011.  In December 1991, my husband and I started dating.  That means we have been loving each other for 20 years. Although I was in love with him and only him throughout my teen years, even before we began dating.
The tale of Arwen and Aragorn is our story.  He is Strider in so many ways.  Strong, wise, kind, and a real hero.  He would run into any battle, fight any foe, and forgive any wrongs. Since he likes privacy and doesn't like people to talk about him like this, I will stop.  But he is THAT type of man.
And to think he loves me like Aragorn loved Arwen, fills me with awe and gratefulness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment