Sunday, February 19, 2012

Fixing the Peacock

So, I realized with horror that I made a fatal design mistake with the composition of my peacock.  So, I had to figure out a way to fix it.  I realize that I don't like the radial compostion that a fanned peacock would present, as much as a dripping diagonal. That, however, led to my horizontal lines being too median.  Anyway, I worked on it a little today.



Not so sure I am happy with it, now.  The lighting is bad right now, but I tinted the background slightly with red-violet and greens to get rid of the too much white.  I think I may end up just cropping out the below portion of the tale and framing it to make a unique abstract. 



Fun highlight of this coming week will be a visual journal workshop. I hope to get some great ideas to post here.  Another thing I have been meaning to "get to" is making some instructional videos for art techniques and possibly one for how to wear my wrap around necklace.


No comments:

Post a Comment