Thursday, May 17, 2012

Altered Books

Today is my daughter's 10th birthday.  She is my only child who loves art as much as I do.  She drew this direwolf for me.  (My husband lavished me with gifts for mother's day this year.  One of the gifts was a Game of Thrones House Stark T-shirt which has a similar wolf on it, which she used for inspiration. )


During the past two weeks, I was asked to judge two art fairs.  I love seeing the projects that other art teachers develop.  The ironic thing is that I was asked to judge the show at my old school and I totally messed up and totally forgot.  I don't forget things like that.  Anyway, yesterday, the show at another school, was so extremely difficult to judge because all the entries were all so excellent.  This particular art instructor is a kindred spirit in that she loves trees like I do.  One of the projects ... for third grade, was inspired by tree circles.  Another multi-stepped project was a tree with metallic borders and watercolored backgrounds, they looked like they should be in a medieval manuscript.  If I get permission, I will post pictures of them here, or I may try to recreate them on my own.

On another ramble, I have been playing around with my altered book and art journal.  Here are some new pages....





 Rather random concoction of things French, and fairies, and calligraphy...




No comments:

Post a Comment