Saturday, April 28, 2012

Not all those who wander...continued

My previous post and painting were all wrong.  I realized what the problem was.  Once again, I was trying to mimic "popular" styles, which are fine in the process to figure out how to do certain techniques and all.  But it wasn't right.  It looked too industrial and modern for me. So here is my First Try.
I painted over the canvas with sepia and did some distressing techniques.  Using a Hobbit styled font, I hand painted the words.  A couple spots bother me, but I will fix them later.  I will totally redo the bottom.   I may not get to touch it up for a few days.  Plus that may give me some more ideas....

Even though unfinished, I feel more at peace with how it is coming out....
I added some gold leaf paint, but the photo was awful due to lighting, but it looks cool...


No comments:

Post a Comment