Tuesday, April 10, 2012

So say we all... (art journaling)

Lately, I have been working on pages in my art journals.  It is a great outlet, since I can't get things too messy around here (our house is for sale).  Also breaking my toe last week has caused me to be more stationary than I am used to.   Art journals don't require anything more than the book, pen, or pencil, and you don't need a lot of space to work.
For me, I have put aside my acrylics and been working on my nemesis.... watercolors.
The paper in my journal is handmade (not by me) and reacts so uniquely to the paint.  I am really liking the affect.

BSG fans may appreciate this page...


Below is a page inspired by Kandinsky's composition paintings.  In a recent class, I had my students look at a few of his paintings and create their own similar piece of art.  This is my interpretation.  I guess I was craving olives...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:09 PM

    BSG fans would love that page.

    ReplyDelete