Saturday, June 18, 2011

Poetry

I have been given the challenge to write every day during the summer.  As much as I prefer paper and pencil, I am writing on line because I know where it will be.  My house is tore up right now.  I have no workspace to paint, draw, or anything else.  Not complaining, I am excited.  It will look awesome when it is done.  Plus my husband is like me.  He is much happier when he is busy ... creating and working with his hands.  And what he does in his meticulousness really is artistic.  He takes longer than a tradesman, but he does not accept work that is not finished properly and looks beautiful. 

Anyway, I found an old book of poetry that I wrote in a few years ago.  But I cant find it right now.  I had a poem about the stars being beautiful and I having the sense that they were created just for me.  I have always felt that way about flowers too.  That God in his love for me, knew that whatever trials I had to endure, just enjoying the beauty of flowers, stars and the forest would make me feel better.  G. K. Chesterton wrote "Life exists for the love of music and beautiful things".  And to me that sums up how I feel about life.  I exist for the love of the very Being of love, music and beauty. 

So I will try to rewrite what I once wrote.  Hopefully improving it.

Enraptured by the pale light of the stars,
I lift my eyes to drink in the beauty,
millions of worlds,
millions of miles away,
the vastness of space,
throned by the Elder Race,
each pinpoint a universe larger than my imagination.


But here I am,
Alone in the night,
singing words  of praise
to the One who made these
Just for Me.


Somehow, it doesnt capture the essence of my last, so when I find it I will add it to this post.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment