Wednesday, January 18, 2012

More Arabic Calligraphy

I am not spending as much time creating and selling jewelry lately.  I am thinking about what angles I would like to take next.  First of all, I want my image pendants to be totally my own.  That is a little difficult because there are certain public domain images which I know sell nicely.  I am an unknown artist, so who would actually be searching for my designs?  Anyway, I was using an Arabic calligraphy design of the Lord's Prayer for one of my pendants.  It has been pretty popular. I can't even lay claim to discovering the awesome design, but I am thankful a friend shared it with me.  I decided to try my hand at some simple symbols and see if they will sell.  Valentine's Day is approaching, so I made two Arabic Love symbols (which I have practiced in my altered book before).
The simpler designs, are the ones I drew myself.  I think they are missing something, maybe some layering or distressing techniques.
I was thinking of creating some with French, Latin, Japanese words....Love, Peace, Truth, Beauty
I am planning on making some geek jewelry too.  I have a bin full of hard drives from old computers which I plan on cutting up and making earrings and pendants out of.
Can I say that finally having a computer again is so cool.

So, I destroyed the love pendants above, because I thought they were too plain.  Here are my new ones.  I used some ink pads and made an Irish Gaelic and a French pendant, both of which say I love you.

This post truly was a rambling.  Perhaps more about the process anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment