Thursday, May 5, 2011

My dream Pub

I have this idea or dream.  It is to own my own British pub.  I have been thinking about it for a while, and then due to some comical circumstances, I was walking around Asheville, NC with my good friend Carrie.  Carrie is an incredible singer and she will be famous soon because of her musical songwriting and her commercials.  Yeah, she does commercials and modeling :)    ANYWAY, she mentioned that she wanted to open a pub and I said "me too!"  Of course!
I want a Tolkienish inspired pub and call it the "Prancing Pony".   It will be a place where people can come and talk philosophy, theology, .... whatever floats your boat.  Discussions and arguments will be welcome!
Requirements:
1.  Excellent beer... a variety of good IPA, Ale and Stout.  Right now I am partial to Harpoon and Ranger.
2.  No screens, well actually maybe a back room where people can go, if they must to watch a game.
3.  Its going to be dim... candlelit.
4.  I dont care if its against the law.... an area for cigar and pipe smoking is necessary!
5.  A really cool latte machine for those who dont partake in the liquid of the Norse gods!  Earl Grey tea too.
6.  Think of a hobbit hole... that is what it will look like.  With cool art!


So any thoughts... do you think there is a chance there is a market for such a thing?
of course burgers and cheesy stuff will be served too!









4 comments:

  1. There is a place in Stamford CT with a similar set-up. I always thought it looked like a Hobbit Hole. It was Irish themed but it was ALWAYS busy. can't for the life of me remember the name. It was awesome. YAY pipes and cigars

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lost me at, "The Prancing Pony"??? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, I have to go there! I am glad it was always busy...good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete